1. Pokemon as usual Sunday, 7/1, at the Elks, 2-4 pm. Yeah, it looks like I’ll be there with Connor.
2. Washington is already announcing prerelease dates in late July-early August for the next set, “Dragons Exalted.” I love that the vocabularies of our youngest players will soon include the word “exalted.” I’ll let you know as soon as I hear about Oregon prerelease dates. If you don’t want me for a middle-man, you can check for yourself periodically at PokeGym: http://pokegym.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35 (scroll down until you see “Oregon” in the thread title).
3. Nationals are this weekend in Indianapolis, Indiana, followed by Worlds in Hawaii (sigh) beginning August 10.
4. I had a Happy Meal this week and got a Tepig toy :-).
5. The Modified format for the 2013 season will consist of the expansions (sets) listed below and anything released in the future. Anything released in earlier sets (unless it was reprinted) will no longer be legal in sanctioned Pokemon tournaments like Battle Roads and City Championships (but will, as usual, still be fine to play at Corvallis league).
Black & White
Black & White—Emerging Powers
Black & White—Noble Victories
Black & White—Next Destinies
Black & White—Dark Explorers
Black & White Trainer Kit
Black Star Promo Cards BW01 and higher.